1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Swisher E4-U3000 Shindaiwa 24.5cc E4 Power Multi-Tool?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by snow4me, Mar 22, 2011.

1. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

What do you guys think about this multi-tool? I'm just getting started as an LCO and for around $1,000 I can get the multi-tool head with the following attachments. I'm on a budget so this looks like it could be a great way to get started...

E4-3001 Trimmer Attachment
    E4-U3002 Power Pruner Attachment
    E4 Hybrid PowerBroom attachment
    E4 Hybrid Cultivator attachment
    E4 Hybrid Lawn Edger Attachment
    E4 Hybrid Articulating Hedge Trimmer
  2. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one with trimmer and power broom combo just to try it out. Figured for $349.00 how bad could it be. Tried it out and emailed the guy the next day to try and get more. Plenty of power, built alot like the shindaiwa. Especially for startin out, go for it.
  3. 1flipflop

1flipflop LawnSite Member

hi just to give some feedback of sorts,,ive personally never tried that brand,,but i never needed so many attachments ive used a redmax bc2400 for years and years,,im a part/time business with only me the employee..the bc2400 was 600$ for string trimmer and a hedge trimmer attachment only was worth every penny the some,, then if you can i used to have a stihl brand power head type for the back up stuff string trimmer hedger and edger..so i used the stihl dedicated edger same engine now for umpteen years as well too.. but imostly use the opti oil mix for the gas as the oil of choice you pay for what you get..oh yeah when i used the hedge trimmer first time was a big job residential size though overgrown viburnum the redmax went through with ease as matter of fact i made sure i asked the home owner what he thought about the job.. he said thats one hell of a machine you got there i cahrge 25 per hr to do the job was gone in three hours P.S. the redmax was a straight shaft trimmer which when you take off the gearhead and put on the shindaiwa hedger attachment becomes an extended reach trimmer i use a mantis powered hedge trimme that the engine come of and mount on those othr typers attaching units mantis brands as well i like there tiller..anyway good luck,,remember its not the money you make its the love of the job
  4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

That's because they're manufactured for Swisher by Shindaiwa. Looks to be the same as the 2510 power head.
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Also, no longer supported after the Echo/Shindaiwa merger.
  6. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Suppose to be exactly the same as Shindaiwa M2510. I am not sure it is that cheap a price. I think even the shindaiwa is about $369.

For a while, they were selling in Costco and on ebay very cheap, you missed the boat.
  7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The power heads are on Ebay now at $150....tempting but if no longer supported by Shin then that's different.
  8. zerozero

zerozero LawnSite Member

I still want a Stihl Kombi, but for the price of the Swisher I am tempted to buy one regardless of the warranty. Once I take it out of the US the warranty is gone anyway.

Does anyone know if any other brand attachments fit these? The cultivator attachment looks like the Echo. I know these are discontinued and everyone is clearing them out so some attachments are going to hard to find.
  9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Shindaiwa should fit. It is exactly same as M2510.
  10. zerozero

zerozero LawnSite Member

"Shindaiwa should fit. It is exactly same as M2510."

Correct, but even the Shindaiwa attachments are a rare find nowadays.