SWISHER-Zero Turn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Glynn, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Glynn

Glynn LawnSite Member

Need an opinion on a product, I bet you guessed. Swisher-Zero Turn. 14 h.p. briggs and stratton. 36" deck, twin hydrostatic transmission....on sale $2,197.00
    Is this a good product at a good price or is the new guy lost and aimlessly wondering again?

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one a Northern the other day and it looked OK (deck looked really shallow) but maybe it would be alright for a back up mower or some thing like that. However if I was looking for a 36 mower I would spend the extra and get a 36 Stander which seems to be better built and a true commercial machine. Just my 2 cents worth!

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, these are not commercial units and will probably be short lived.

4. Glynn

Glynn LawnSite Member

I appreciate the opinions and believe that I will just spend the extra now instead of later.

5. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

good call glynn. i'm with jusmowin on this one. if you look at the swisher's front wheels you'll find the only thing suporting the front end is a piece of 90 degree bent steel for an axle. there's no suport on the other side. if you have to have a rider of this sort, the cub cadet has one that is a little better made. good luck and let me know if i can help!

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Buy any walkbehind and you will be much better off. The mower you are looking at is a homeowner model and not a good one at that.

7. Glynn

Glynn LawnSite Member

you guys have convinced me, thanks.

8. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

So what are you gonna get instead of that Swisher thing?