1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Swisher ZT2760

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chris_mc, Apr 11, 2008.

1. chris_mc

chris_mc LawnSite Member

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything, or used any Swisher equipment. I'm looking at a ZT2760 - 27HP 60" mowing deck.
    Here is the link to the specs. http://www.swisherinc.com/ZT2760.asp.
    My main concern is if I am able to get parts for it easily or not. It is a cheaper machine. So that might be the catch.

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

It's no eXmark thats for sure ....
  3. The Brad

The Brad LawnSite Member

Had a swisher pull bedhind 60" that I used for one season not commercial grade. I used it one time a week for a 10 acre dairy that was ruff and I was always loosing parts off of it. The motor will out last the mower. Just my experence .
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

There junk, they wouldn't even last very long if you were doing your own lawn and if your doing commercial forget it. I have looked at them at our local Rural King store and there not even close to the quality of my Toro's. They look cheap all the way around. Remember you get what you pay for.
  5. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't want anything that doesn't have individual pumps and wheel motors at the 60 inch size.
  6. Pro Cut Lawn Care

Pro Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a 60" Swisher with a 25hp and it works fine for a backup mower. They tend to eat belts if you work them hard. They are not near the quality my Hustlers are. 420 hours on it and it seems tired.
  7. chris_mc

chris_mc LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, I might be better off to just buy a used toro, or ferris or somthing of that sort for around the same price.