Switch-n-Go project update

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ConstSvcs, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

We received shipment of the 12' Switch-n-Go hoist last week. We removed the body take came with the chassis (see S-n-G project truck post) and set up the chassis for the new hoist frame. The kit is a very easy install. We welded the six supplied tabs to the hoist frame and bolted them to the chassis as instructed. I purchased the bumper assembly from the S-n-G dealer and welded that to the end of the frame rails. We fabricated mounts for the fenders and mud flaps. I decided to purchase two Weatherguard under mount tool boxes ($900 ):dizzy: for tarp, chain and hold down storage.

The power and control connections are very simple. The control box for the hoist and winch can be operated from the cab of from the ground via a remote outlet jack.

At this point I'm into the truck for $27,000 . When I pickup the first 15yd can next week we'll be at 30G's.

I think the whole idea will work well for us since most of our work is on confined sites and the truck will easily pull my trailer and mini-excavator or skidsteer.

Beside the fact that my dump trailer is a pain in the A$$ and I hate dumpster rentals

Tom T

FRR_1.jpg

FRR_2.jpg

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good. Would like to hear about it after you start using it and how well it hauls under load.

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice! What is the GVWR on that truck?

4. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

That looks really good! I wish I could weld good enough to do something like that. Is that a 12' system? Whats the CA ratio on that truck? Do you mind sharing what the s&g system cost without the body?

5. ConstSvcs

Will let you know soon

6. ConstSvcs

The gvw is 19,500#

7. ConstSvcs

The CA ratio is 108" and yes ..........it's the 12' hoist. The 12' S-n-G unit and bumper cost $10,300 delivered to my site.

8. ZX12R

Thanks for sharing.The reason I asked those questions is because,3 months ago,I was getting quotes to put a 12' system on a 108 CA. Prices were all around 14k and included a body. Good luck with your truck.

9. ZX12R

Thanks for sharing.The reason I asked those questions is because,3 months ago,I was getting quotes to put a 12' system on a 108 CA. Prices were all around 14k and included a body. Good luck with your truck.

10. ConstSvcs

if that included the bumper and medium duty can.........thats a fair deal.

I was getting quotes of 16,000.........which is why I made the choice to install it. I could buy another can for the install fee.