Switch-n-Go project update

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ConstSvcs, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

What do you mean he doesn't want power steering :laugh:

A low side box with 12 inch sides and 12-14 foot long is what you need for hauling gravel.

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

i currently own a f-750 american hooklift truck. i use it alot more for hauling my machines then i do for dumping. i would like to use it more for dumping but sometimes its a real pain when dumping dirt and mulch

3. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Had a 40 yard roll off deliver mulch and he drug it out because of dump angle. Almost like my dump trailer. Other day had wet soil that we ended up having to shovel out.:cry:

4. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly why I chose the switch-n go. The lift hoist has a 50 degree dump angle. This was always intended to be my all purpose material handler....not just a roll-off container truck.

5. blakescape

blakescape LawnSite Member

Is that the HD switch n go model (all hydraulic/pto)? or is it an electric over hydraulic hoist and an electric winch?

6. ConstSvcs

The version I have is electric/ hydraulic. No room for the hydraulic reservoir with both under mount tool boxes. It's been four years and I am happy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

I am getting a F550 SNG in 2013 from my best friend, and he spared no expense when he had the truck made, it cost him almost $85k. The greatest thing he did is had a battery installed between the chassis rails so the winch works off that battery and not the two for the motor. Just a thought

8. ConstSvcs

Posted via Mobile Device

9. ConstSvcs

Ouch!!!! ! I love my switch n go but with 85k I would spent on a Pete 33k gvw single with a pusher axle ( tag) and a hook for sure!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

I know, he's crazy...but he already had a Peterbilt T300 and a Kenworth W900 triaxle he just has too much money haha. It's nice to have friends with lots of cash!!
    By the way, do you plan on plowing with the cab over??
    Posted via Mobile Device