1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by garricksanto, Jan 26, 2008.

1. garricksanto

garricksanto LawnSite Member

I’m new to this board and looking into the Switch-N-Go system.
    Does anyone have any feedback?
    What do you like, dislike?
    How much did you pay for the unit and any upgrades?

Thanks for any help.
  2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

What gvw. did you have in mind?
  3. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Where in the northeast are you? If you are in or around NJ,I will give you two SNG dealers that I have recently spoken to.Here's some information I will pass on to you,but ,I am sure others on this forum that have SNG's will chime in.

I was quoted prices of between 14 and 15k,for a 12' system(not the body,but the frame the body will sit on).This was for a GMC 4500/5500 with a 176" wheelbase and a 108 CA. Price included the body,trailer wiring,brake controller,fenders,lights,and hitch.......basically,everything you needed to put the truck to work.
  4. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

search swith-n-go and you will come up with a fair amount of information.

There are at least two guys that have a thread dedicated to there swtch-n-go trucks, one is tthomas, and I cant remember the other ones name, but it is a black truck.
  5. garricksanto

garricksanto LawnSite Member

I'm from Boston area? truck that I'm thinking about is c5500 ca 108".
  6. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 systems, 6 bodies, and are about to go to a 3rd setup. All in all they have been a great asset.

Here's the thread that talks about our setups. Its a long thread but we started talking about the SNG's around page 21.

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

there is a f750 with a sng on it for sale on ebay.
  8. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

"I'm from Boston area? truck that I'm thinking about is c5500 ca 108"."

How much is the C&C on that C5500? What year?Are you willing to buy one out of state? I know where you can get a 2007 C5500(188 " wb) for 37k. If you want pre-emission,I was offered a 2007 C55OO(176"wb) for 39k,but,I bet you can get that for 37k. If you do not want to post prices,pm me.
  9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I cant see setting up a hooklift in anything lighter than 19500#. By the time you deduct the weight for the hydraulics, piston & all the steele, then add the body, what will be left for payload?
  10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A switch and go is probably the lightest rolloff system you can get and I don't mean weak I mean not adding a whole lot of weight for the strength of the system. A conventional rail system will always be stronger and a little lighter.

As for gvw and legal payload you have to go with a larger truck to get any payload. A F-550 with the 19,000lb gvw is not really enough a 5 ton truck is a better choice. Your dropping the body on the ground so it is easier to load so lifting height isn't a concern.