Switch out 52" Exmark deck for 60" deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajuncreole, Oct 27, 2005.

1. cajuncreole

cajuncreole LawnSite Member

Double dumb question but may I make a straight switch out from a 52" deck on an Emark Lazer Z 27hp Kohler. I have tried the 60 inch model and cuts so much better especially trimming around objects. I believe the 27hp Kohler can handle the 60 inch deck. I run double gators underneath. Would there be any conversion or modification work needed? My current deck has plenty of life in it but I want the extra efficiency.

Has anyone else done this before or am I the only one who has not done his homework before the purchase, (the dog ate it!)
  2. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Exmark doesn't have a kit. I think you will have to switch out the front frame also. I know itÂ’s different but I switched out a 48" for a 36" on my TTHP and Exmark had a kit with all the needed parts including wheels, everything I needed to do the conversion. I spoke directly with Exmark to get the part number for the kit the talked with my dealer to get a price. It was much cheaper than ordering the parts individually.

Phone number 1-402-223-6300

Hope this helps littlenic