switch sthil out for redmax??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cookslandscaping18, Feb 8, 2012.

1. cookslandscaping18

cookslandscaping18 LawnSite Member

I am thinking about switching all our handhelds over to redmax this year after having trouble with fs110 last year and dealer problems. Are redmax trimmers have as much power as the 110 and do they hold up well???? The 110 have great power they just seem to be hard to keep them on the crew andnot the shop.

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had problems with red max. We have always been die hard red max hand held blower users but this past fall we were going through them like candy. Not running well, not running at all, blew up 2 of them. Dealer of course kept blaming the gas! Good luck with your decision.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grasscutter24

grasscutter24 LawnSite Member

I liked Redmax in general as most of my handhelds are Redmax, but I had a lot of problems with the new trimmers that I purchased this past season. I will be trying Kawasaki next. Good luck

4. The-Other-Side

The-Other-Side LawnSite Member

I went with all redmax handhelds 2 years ago. The hedge trimmers have been great as well as the edgers. The line trimmers though run for a few months and then crap out. Every time they go in the shop I have to listen to the "its the fuel" explanation. For the past 6 months or so I have left the redmax line trimmers at home and went back to the old trusty stihls.

We also bought a couple of redmax blowers that seem to be junk as well. I have 2 old 8000's and they run better then the new ones.

Im not sure what to try next!

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

try husqvarna instead of redmax. sortof the same company but the husqvarna trimmers last forever almost.

6. The-Other-Side

The-Other-Side LawnSite Member

If im not mistaken, husqvarna bought redmax last year. I wonder if that will make their equipment better or worse

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it should make redmax better i would think. :laugh:

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I just dumped stihl for Husqvarna. I have a 326 edger and 327 weedeater I love them way better very smooth. The guard on the edger is way nicer than the stihl.

9. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I'm happy with my RedMax trimmers & blowers

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

stihl is good for blowers. trimmers and such i've always preferred husqvarna or the honda i have now is good too.