1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Switch to Full time employee

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jmt34, May 24, 2005.

1. jmt34

jmt34 LawnSite Member

I have a full time job and started my lco as a side job to pay for my ztrak. I have done this for a while and now have to have pt help just to get the lawns mowed. What is your experience with trying to switch to someone working solo for you? I don't have pt guys that are really mature enough to handle anything long term. I have access to some Hispanic workers that I am going to look into. I really couldn't keep 1 worker busy for 40 hours each week, but I can't grow anymore unless I have someone that can work by themselves. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. jmt34

jmt34 LawnSite Member

Hey- I'm still hoping to hear from some of you about this situation. Did anyone start out pt and wind up quiting their job? I could dive off and turn this into a company with large accounts, but I'm really not ready to take that kind of risk, unless it is forced upon me. I enjoy the work, but after 4 years of solo I am tired. Thanks for your help.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi jmt34,

If no one responds to your question, please feel free to post it here and I will have our business consultant respond back to you.