switched to AMSOIL Saber™ Professional

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, May 13, 2008.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

It has been a month now and I'm very happy with the switch. What I have noticed: no smoke, no smell, starts good, runs good, no oily residue at the exhaust mixed at 80:1. That's my summary so far, it's not that expensive since you mix it 80:1 instead of the traditional 50:1 Just passing it on what little I know at this point.

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I switched to Amsoil also. My Echo HC151 take it very well. The Stupid Shindaiwa C4 blower idle drop a little. Smell the best compare to others and I like the cobalt blue color!!!! I am doing 64:1.

Hey Mr. Amsoil, don't be too smug!!!!!:laughing::laughing:

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad you like the results. It was the oily exhaust and plugged up ports that drove me to try Amsoil in the first place. I haven't looked back or regreted it.

4. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

The redmax recommendations for their hand helds are 50:1.

Are you sure it won't damage the machine if you run it over recommendation at 80:1?

I would sure like to try it if not. I've had many problems with clogged exhaust ports in the past. Do you know if they have free samples?

5. yungman

from Calif.

Where is Mr. Amsoil!!!???? This should be music to your ears!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Amsoil said they will warrante you stuff, good luck with that!!!! Ask Mr. Amsoil.!!!!!

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Myself and many others have been running Amsoil in all kinds of 2 stroke equipment at 80:1 for years. See this thread...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=224575

7. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

i have been running amsoil for 4 years and i love this stuff i own redmax and t-230 shindy (14 years old and still running strong and never turned a bolt)i run it 80to 1

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to hear it's working great stuff, imagine what Amsoil synthetic lubricants will do in all your equipment & vehicles.

9. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

10. yungman

from Calif.