Switching a permagreen to spyker?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by EA Quinn, Jun 4, 2008.

1. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody on here removed their standard permagreen spreader and switched it to a spyker? I was told that a lot of people are doing this lately and its a much better set-up. I can't stand my three hole spreader on there now. I want to switch to a zspray eventually but I dont have enough client base to justify the cost. any ideas?

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you like the Lesco style hopper. I know you can now order them w/ a Brinley hopper like they used on the Centri. I thought they also were going to offer a Spyker as a special order. I know I really liked the way my Centri spread fert w/ an even 8:00-4:00 pattern. I just changed the way I run the lawns with my Magnum. Now I circle the lawns in a counter-clockwise pattern instead of going back and forth like I did w/ the Centri.I think Runner has talked about running his PG Ultra in the same manner. It took a little getting used to but I have yet to stripe a lawn doing a circular pattern. Does PG offer a retrofit to go from the Lesco to the Spyker, or are you going to try and do it yourself????

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If you like one BIG hole--just cover the two side holes with duct tape. Open the hopper two more notches. Handy if your fertilizer is absorbing too much moisture from high humidity, or if it is lumpy.

4. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Perma green has no kit available for this, you need to do it yourself, I do agree it is worth it's weight in gold having the Brinley/spyker setup, The way most people are doing it now is They are keeping the magnum hopper and just adding the Brinley gearbox and impeller, some modifications are needed, really just some minor welding and an added bracket, but Perma green builds ours ready to go with the clocwise brinley setups for 6399.00 out the door, well worth the money. The ultra on the other hand is very easy to switch back to the cowboy green spyker hopper, it doesn't take long at all.