Switching from Redmax (Stratocharged) trimmers to Kawasaki KGT 27A trimmers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Apr 22, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The old redmax's were the best these new ones are so so. It's time for a change so far (three days) these new Kawasaki's have been an improvement and they have a hedge trimmer att. for under $200.:clapping:
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Keep us posted on those. Also keep in mind there are several brands of blowers made by them that are out there too.

I wouldn't mind at all to try the Kawi stuff since Lesco sells them. I'm really comfortable with the parts and service treatment I'm getting with the mowers. But I wonder it they do that well with the trimmer parts?

I've been there, done that... with great Shindawia 2 cycle stuff. It was good equipment, but getting parts got to be an issue because we got down to one dealer in my mowing territory. Right now, I'm not sure we even have one dealer with Kawasaki 2 cycle stuff anymore.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Keep us up,if they work we run redmax now they are power houses and light always wondered about the kaws let me know .
  4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I've never used any Redmax products because of the few dealers. We run mainly Echo's but have a few Kawasaki's. They are very light and easy to start. The backpack blower my wife uses was purchased at Lesco. It had a small problem with the stater assembly but Lesco fixed in house. They told me if it acts up again they will order another and takes about a day. Other than that I never had to buy parts except plugs and filters. Needless to say , We're very happy. Matt
  5. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

Kawasaki KBL series trimmers IMO are the best start on first pull hot and second cold very smooth and power to weight ratio is awesome go to www.Kawpowr.com and check them out I have a KBL26A and a KBL34A Love both of them
  6. HenryB

It's only been a couple of weeks; but I have to say these are the best trimmers I've used. Really powerful, light and smooth. Anyone want to buy my Redmax trimmers.:laugh:
  7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

You & I discussed this a month or so ago. After much investigating, I discovered that the ONLY difference between the KGT & the KBL is the KGT does NOT accept a blade. Everything else is the same.
    With that said, 1.6 hp - 10.2 lbs. - 27 cc, the Kawasaki is the best trimmer value ($215.00 for KGT27A) on the market IMO. :usflag:
  8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

is the kgt27a and the ktr27a the same to in power??? do they have the same engine or is one better??? i cannot tell on there website. any help great fast to lol
  9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

The shafts are different. The KGT & the KBL have hollow steel shafts - which means durability and little vibration. :usflag:
  10. HenryB

A quick update. A little diffuculty starting them up. Seems to have an airleak that I cannot find. I'm no RetroRob. But I'm pretty handy keep you guys updated.