Switching to New Ear Plugs need suggestions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Supper Grassy, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

What is everyone's favorite or "best ear plugs"
    I am looking at the howard leight laser lite or fusion and need help deciding
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I use AO's radio ear muff.
  3. Archsnuffy

Archsnuffy LawnSite Member

I use the 3M push-in ear plugs - they have a stiff blue plastic part in the middle so you can take them in and out quickly and easily. With regular foam ear plugs you have the squeeze or roll them, then stick them in, them hold them with your finger for a while to get them to stay. The push-in style are much quicker!

Push-in ear plug.jpg
  4. i switched to the ear muffs, was having problems with plugs.
  5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I would never go back to plugs after I started wearing WorkTunes! Have you tried them before?
  6. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  7. jasonhc73

jasonhc73 LawnSite Member
    Male, from WICHITA KS

Those are very cool, but for $5 a pair of regular earmuffs work great for me. I just can't find a pair of eye pro to work with them yet.

I put the regular 31db squishies in and I like them too. I don't like how dirty they get, but it's ok to not have ringing ears.
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

What muffs are you wearing
  9. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Perfect timing. I'm looking for new, GOOD corded ear plugs.

Everything is garbage any more. I've had a pair of plugs for about the last 7 years that were easy to insert/remove, were comfy, and did a good job of blocking the noise. Then one day I lost them. They don't make them any more.

I've tried three other kinds since and they are all crap. They are plugs found in the sporting goods section from various makers. They either don't fit, are hard to insert/remove quickly, or the stupid things fall off the string.

Hopefully I can find some good suggestions here.