Switching to New Ear Plugs need suggestions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Supper Grassy, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to use these as well. I really like wearing muffs, but they don't work well with a big floppy hat ;)

2. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

3. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone find you get dirt in your ears from using ear plugs? Unless maybe you put a new set on each time you start a job. Unless your hands are perfectly clean all day, then each time you roll them in your fingers they get dirt on them, which then transfers into your ears.

So I felt dirty & switched to ear muffs.

4. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the earpros I linked to above your post greenology. I haven't bought any foam earplugs since getting those. I find ear muffs too hot for me in the summer. The Earpros wash easily.

5. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Yea the don't look too bad. Cheers

6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh, man. If I had to use foam plugs, I'd just do without and go deaf.
    What a pain. I take mine out too many time in a day to screw around with foam.

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

8. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here, I've burnt the tops of my ears way to many times over the years. 98db >
    [​IMG]

9. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. Company makes a good product inexpensively and with high quality..the problem is they don't have repeat sales and die off. That's why I support only companies that make low-quality products. ;)

I'm still old-school and just push in a set of foam plugs and don't take them out until I'm done for the day. They get sweaty and dirty quick so I go through a pair a week. But I keep a hundred or so in the glove box. They also come in handy if I'm somewhere and want to fire off a few rounds and don't have my range bag with my hearing protection with me.

On a side note, when it's really hot and sunny out I wear a Gilligan hat and have noticed that it reflects the mower/trimmer noise right back at me.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member