Swivel Caster Wheels on Push

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Jan 30, 2005.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Are there any manufactuers other than Cub Cadet, Gravley,and Honda that make swivel caster wheels on their push mowers

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think that ariens makes a swivel 21".

3. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought an Ariens- with the swivel front wheels. I WOULD NOT BUY IT AGAIN! The wheels are more of a pain and they don;t make it any easier to mow. They also need to be maintained/greased and I had some of the welds break. I also didn't like the cut. My Home Depot JD was a MUCH better mower and cut very well and was half the price. I would never buy an Ariens ever. Joel

4. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Try a John Deere JS63C. Thats what I have for my own personal accounts. Its a 6.75 hp, with 21" cut. I bought it off my grandfather for $200 this past spring (what a steal!). You can lock or unlock the front caster. Cuts great!!

Jason

5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

yea i sae the JD it is very similar to the honda and cub

6. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I think I saw a craftsman with honda power and swivel wheels on ebay.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Sears makes a good looking push mower with swivel wheels.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Husky did several years ago but they were not very popular here. Haven't seen any others till Deere came out with them not long ago.

9. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

I am suprised at that. in 1998 and 1999 I bought 4 of those mowers, 1 from Ariens and 3 with the Scotts brand label on them. No problems with any of them as far as the build quality. I did wear out the transmissions tho and It really isnt worth it to fix them.

The castor wheels were lafe savers when cutting parking lot islands and going around tree rings. One lot we used to do had 75 islands with 2 trees per island.