1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Swivel Hitch Drawbar ????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FatherandSon, Jul 18, 2002.

1. FatherandSon

FatherandSon LawnSite Member

Son and I operate a 30 account Lawn Mowing Business. I use my Ford F-250 Crew Cab, to tow the trailer but is also my pleasure vehicle. Therefore we are constantly hooking and unhooking trailer.

Does anyone know where I could find a Swivel Hitch Drawbar. The one the turns side to side and also in and out to make lining up the truck to the trailer easier. Still not very good at backing up to it.

Ford has one listed for $105, went to the dealer he wanted $135. That is a little much.

Thanks for your help in this matter as always....

Please Rain Soon, getting bored here.......
  2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

3. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on how heavy the trailer. I used one called speed hitch and was not at all satisfied with it. I had one it was ruined in a accident insurance paid for a new one. The hitch never fully locked in position at times when accelerating and braking it woud "telescope" slide out when accelerating and then slam forward when braking. I believe it was rated at 500lbs tongue weight but i think that is a stretch.

Other options are installing mirrors on the trailer to be able to see the ball and receiver. Some people leave two pieces of wood beside the left rear tire when you unhook that way you know exactly where you need to be.
  4. FatherandSon

FatherandSon LawnSite Member

Thanks so much for the help in finding sites for more info. Also very much appreciate the suggestions. Never thought of them but will give it a try. Trailer is parked outside in our driveway, so maybe the floor jack would help.

This site is FANTASTIC because of the people using it.....

Don Sr.
  5. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

6. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member