Symbiot

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kandklandscape, Jan 12, 2007.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Does anyone use there services here? They find commercial work for your company, and are suppose to give you good deals on equipment?

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Danger will rogers. I thought they were out of business. Use the search feature here and plug in Simbiot should keep you busy, or the short verson bad news.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

SYMBIOT is a great tool to help with your bottom line.

4. kandklandscape

from PA

Do they actually go out and find you commercial work? That is what they are telling me. They are trying to push this whole buying equipment thing. However i have my wholesale license so I can get it for WAY lower then they could dream of.

I read some posts about rebate checks? Whats up with this? I mean if we can go out and buy the equipment for less then they can get it for, why buy from them? Plus they want $295 a month they told me.

5. Az Gardener

Did you miss alt the threads about 18 months ago about people not getting paid, or the articles in the trade mags about their financial trouble?

6. kandklandscape

from PA

AZ, I was wondering what kind of trade magazines are there out there? We have been in business for 8 years now and I not know of one, other then the normals, home and garden etc etc.

What is a good magazine to get?

7. Az Gardener

Landscape Contactor National landscapeonline.com

Pro magazine which I believe has a presence here on site

Irrigation and Green Industry

Lawn and Landscape

I have to run out the door now but if you can't find these, post again and I will find a website or something.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto. I thought they were a company that found you work... subbed it out, then didn't pay. Thought there was a couple of these that went belly up. Think they are involved with melting frozen precipitation now? :clapping:

9. Matt k

Matt k LawnSite Member

Symbiot is a organization that deals with national contracts (Toys R Us, Target, Large Realty Co., etc...). They bid on the contracts and you have ,as a member, the option to bid and obtain the work. With membership you get national acct. pricing and discounts with a variety of vendors (Lesco, Stihl, Husq., Hustler, etc...). For example, if you buy fertilizer from Lesco, you get the pricing that a company like Tru Green would get due to volume. With certain vendors at the end of the year if Symbiot hits there purchasing goal as a whole, rebate checks are mailed to the members for a prior established % of purchases.

I was a member for 4 years and and it was great from the standpoint of material and equipment pricing, however I never received any work from them. There were problems with the snow contractors getting paid last year, which ended with some of Symbiots entities filing for bankruptcy protection. I don't know what is happening now, but I know that a lot of guys got screwed out of some serious money for snow removal.

They are still in business for the time being, however I know that there reputation took a serious hit. I decided that I was not going to continue the relationship due to the lack of bus. ethics they showed with the snow contractors. They are not in the business of melting snow as stated above. Symbiot bought a large snow contractor out in Erie, Pa. and the previous owner of that company started a company called Snow Dragon. Snow Dragon is a snow melting system, however there are no ties with Symbiot at all.

I would not advise getting aboard with this company unless you want some great pricing on materials. Check there site out www.symbiot.biz

10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

It was stated as a joke, but anyway. I guess by a "large snow contractor" you would be referring to the Allin companies, oh but of course which the founder now sells melting equipment. Funny how these all revolve around one individual, in which everything he touched turns to sh*t!