1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Syndicating your blog on gardening sites

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jake Wolf, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Jake Wolf

Jake Wolf LawnSite Member
    from NYC, NY

If you have a blog for your business, would you be willing to have it show up on other sites, or do you want to enforce a strict copyright?

Would syndicating it get you more traffic/leads?

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what you're asking. As long as I'm properly credited for the post, with the requisite backlinks, I don't see where it's a copyright issue at all. That's basically what Associated Content is, and I've got a friend who uses it to bump her blog traffic.

Are you looking for submitters, or are you looking to get your blog out there?

3. mikey.hill

mikey.hill LawnSite Member

Enforcing a copyright on anything on the web is basically not possible. Once you put it out there you can expect anyone to rape, pillage and steal your content. The best thing you can do is find a good source to submit it to depending on what your blog is about and reap the benefits of links coming in for a short time before someone jacks your content(assuming its quality). News aggregators such as digg.com and reddit.com are some of my most visited sites and without them I wouldn't have known about half the articles and such regarding technology/programming that I currently read. I'm assuming your in the lawncare industry but I'm not aware of any news aggregate that deals specifically in this area besides this forum and similiar ones which aren't really designed for that.

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Yes I would like to syndicate mine. Copyright only restrains most authors. If a writer is unknown (like most lawn guys like me with blogs) .... what is the biggest challenge? Having his work stolen or not having any readers? Obviously the latter.