Synergy

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RAlmaroad, Sep 23, 2007.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Mornin'
    Has anyone experienced these? I have a SS Lesco spreader but can't find anyone around that has put one on. Website says that it has a 9' pattern with flood jets operated by a diaphragn. If you've used one, please let me know what you think of it and if it works. What about that little 2 gal. tank.
    Thanks,
    Roy

2. RAlmaroad

from SC

I should have mentioned that it is the new drop-in similiar to the Clarkston "Spreader Mate". No one had used one last year and was wondering about this year.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Talk to your lesco dealer (JDL), Mine demoed the synergy in the warehouse with water. It seemed to put out a good pattern. I heard a rumor that the drive wheel can slip if the tire is wet.

You would want to fill it with a premix solution before every lawn, I suppose.

However, I am not so sure that JDL will be selling much in the way of equipment, next year. I have heard (here) that Lesco/JDL will not be allowed to compete with John Deere dealers. Hopefully they will still handle Permagreen and spreaders, and hand cans and backpacks.

4. RAlmaroad

from SC

Riggs:
    I'm also trying to work out a more even pattern with an 1.8 gpm ATV boom sprayer from Tractor supply. It needs some type of regulator that will control the pump. Got any ideas on name of a good regulator. Set up is nice and jets cover 8'-9' with about a 15" overlap but the pump kicks off and a empty section is seen until the pump kicks back in. It would be nice if I could get it regulated to kick in at 29psig and stay there.
    Anyone else familiar with these setup that might have a solution for the pressure problem?
    Thanks

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I got one this spring. We used it twice and it just sits in the shop. It worked pretty good. wheel on the synergy would slip once in a while. But the real problem is it is very heavy, very hard to push and even harder to get on and off the truck.

6. RAlmaroad

from SC

Thanks Turf:
    I saw one in the trade mags and was wondering if they were all that the ad touted. Thanks again, Roy

7. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

that was my thoughts when i saw the product advertised, pushing isn't much fun to begin with, much less with extra weight and resistance to the wheels

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

No problem. For what they cost I wish I had waited to hear someone else's experience. I hate being the guinea pig:hammerhead:

9. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

What is the price tag of the Synergy?

10. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

$350 is what they were last time I checked.