Synthetic Lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hickory, Jun 4, 2004.

1. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

What are peoples take on this synthetic lawn industry? Anyone have any experience with this? I think it's crazy and would hurt our industry.

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Hickory, here is my take on synthetic lawns.
    People get married every day, some also end up getting divorced. They end up losing 1/2 of everything and paying support for a long time. At that point they say it was the most expensive mistake they have ever made and will never do it again. They will then start going after another woman and the process is repeated. There are high quality synthetic " blowup" dolls available as well as cheap blow up dolls that can do anything you want to them. Yet few people own them. A lawn has to be cut very often and will always cost money a synthetic lawn costs alot upfront but weekly costs are much smaller, still very few people will go the synthetic route the same as few will go the blow up route. Natural is the preferred choice usually. :D

3. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

Cantoo, You sure do have some information on those dolls.

just kidding.LOL

I wouldnt worry about it syn lawns.I think cantoo has the right idea.

4. LittleOranges

LittleOranges LawnSite Member

What the h*ll is a synthetic lawn?

5. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

I don't really know much about it. I saw a flyer come to my house in CT the other day. Looks a little crazy. Kind of like the plastic flowers that people put in their gardens.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I suppose it would be like field turf that they're using in pro stadiums.