Synthetic Oil Analysis Study

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mosynthetics, Jan 2, 2004.

1. mosynthetics

mosynthetics LawnSite Member

Hey everyone. For those of you who use Mobil1 and AMSOIL here is an interesting on-going test. They have tested Mobil 1, currently working on Amsoil, then Royal purple and Redline... It's a great read.

http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/oil-life.html

Mobile1 results over the course of the study were good. AMSOIL's first 3000 miles are posted. You can read at the bottom of the link.

Yes, Yes, I know 3000 miles on the AMSOIL does not a study make. Just a link to for everyone to watch.

Have a good day.

Barry Crudup

2. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for posting this!

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm running Amsoil premix in all my two cycle equipment at 80:1. Hopefully it will extend the engine life. Have been using Mobile 1 in my mower as well. I hope the synthetics pan out as advertised.

4. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

I have used Amsoil in all of our equip and never ever had a problem and have gone up to 2-3 times longer than the manufactures drain intereval. If im not using Amsoil or hastings filters I just change the filters more often then of course keeping a clean air filter is very important. I use the 2 cycle stuff aswell it burns alot cleaner.
    Amsoil has a hight temp film strengtht that doesnt breakdown under high temps it does'nt thicken or thin out either. Therefore protects the best under both extreme high and low temps;)