Synthetic Oil

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by danzig, Jan 17, 2002.

1. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

Synthetic oil holds up well to heat and maintains it's viscosity much better than conventional motor oil, so I see why it is ideal for your hydro systems. Why dont you say to use mobil 1 in our engines after they are broke in? #1 cause of small engine wear is dirt and #2 is heat. If you replace your stock air filter with a K&N air filter and use Amzoil oil filters, (filter traps dirt particles down to the size of 1 micron) You will have cleaner air entering your engine and the amzoil oil filter will remove the dirt that the oil picks up. Top that off with mobil 1 synthetic and you will have a longer life out of your engine.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Danzig,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with running synthetic oil in your engine once it is broke in. We base our recommendations for the engine maintenance on what the engine manufacturer recommends.

There's nothing wrong with a little extra filtration as long as it's not restricting flow.

Thanks

Terry

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Danzig,
    The Amsoil bypass filter (the one that filters down to 1 microns) is not to be used as a primary filter. This filter will not flow enough oil to be used as a primary filter. Also it is questionable, due to low oil pressure, whether or not the Amsoil bypass filter is of any value when used on Kawasaki and Honda powered machines.

4. Richard i put a duel amsoil on a lc 22 kawasaki and it seems to be working because both filters get hot.
    I hope its working anyway.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

odin00,
    Are you using dual bypass filters or dual regular Amsoil filters? The regular filter part number begins with "SDF" and the bypass filter begins with part number "BE".

6. richard its the rig that the duel bypass replace the regular filter with a BE 90bypass and a sdf filter on the same mount
    A hose connects where the old oil filter was and runs to the duel remote
    If you go to the amsoil website they have info on it there
    I also put one on our 1997 chevy one ton dump
    With this rig you dont have to tap into the oil line and is easy to install .The hardest thing on the trucks is finding a good place to mount it.I havent put one on the duramax yet, i might wait until the warrenty is up on it.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I use synthetic oil in all my equipment, trucks and cars. Many years ago I became a firm believer in its abilities. It also save me a motor on an exmark metro last year when fuel passed thru the carb and into the crankcase. The synthetic didn't let the gas was away the protection. Dealer checked it out and said it was probably one of the best decisions I ever made having the Opti-4 synthetic in it.