Synthetic or Regular motor oil?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Apr 13, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

What do most of you guys use in your mowers?
  2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Mobil 1 15w-50 Synthetic
  3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I use mobil 1 too.
  4. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Mobil1 10w30 in the engines. :blob3:

Mobil1 15w50 in the hydro system. :cool2:
  5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Quaker State SAE 10W-30 non-synthetic engine oil in all of my 4 cycle engines. I have used it for several years with no problems at all. Dealer says synthetic will void engine warranties.
  6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We use regular motor oil. Schaeffers SAE 30 and we we change it every 50 hours and never have any problems.
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I know you are only 17 so I hope you mean this is what you are running in the HYDRO and not the engine! :dizzy: YOu should be running either 10/30W or a straight 30W in the engine in either dino or synth, and certainly not a 50W!
  8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I use mobile 1 right now and was thinking about going to synthetic in the engine. However if it voids the warranty then forget it. I wonder why it isn't good for the engine????
  9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Mobil 1 is synthetic.

The most important thing is clean oil. Nothing in synthetic will clean the crud out of the oil. Only changing the oil and filter will do that. The best protection (under normal usage) is dino oil that is changed a little early with a new filter at each change. I change both at 40 hour intervals. Costs less than running synthetic and has many advantages cleanlinesswise.
  10. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I use Amsoil and I know if there is any problems they will cover it meaning the dealer. Warranty can't not be voided who ever told you that is wrong.