Synthetic Pinestraw??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by evanslandscaping1, Jul 27, 2007.

1. evanslandscaping1

evanslandscaping1 LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard of "textraw" It was featured in October '06 issue of Southern Living Magazine. www.textraw.com I have been using it for about 6 mths now and my customers love it!! It looks awesome when put down and has a 4 year guarantee!!
    Ya'll can check it out at: www.trowbridge-textraw.com

or go to my business website at www.myspace.com/landscaper36

Thanks,
    Robert
    Evans Landscaping, L.L.C.:)

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Plastic decomposes extremely slowly. I have problems with this product.

3. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Far too expensive , imo. Also , if you use it under trees , leaves and debris fall on top of it , nearly impossible to clean .

4. evanslandscaping1

evanslandscaping1 LawnSite Member

Our Customers are very pleased with this product therefore, I am pleased. When I educate them on the benefits they immediately see the value. Most of my customers want low maintenance with continual beauty. Textraw has provided that.

There is "stay put" glue that we use to seal it down on slopes etc.. so when you blow leaves etc...they come right off without blowing the textraw away.

As far as price? You can see at this website www.textraw.com the reason it is more economical than natural straw or pine bark BUGS ohh I mean Nuggets. :laugh:

Keep Digging,
    Evans Landscapes, L.L.C.
    www.myspace.com/landscaper36

5. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Are you a shareholder in this company :) - I have seen this stuff and it doesn't look real to me - maybe you could upsell synthetic grass to go with it.