Synthetic Putting Greens

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SprinklerGuy, Nov 16, 2005.

1. I did a search and found lots of inquiries on these greens and their installation from many moons ago..but nothing too recent.

I am interested in hearing from some folks who have been installing these for a couple of years or so....and hearing pros/cons of the companies they are using for their materials/leads.

Thanks in advance...I have been dying to find a way to get back into the golf business....I left the golf business over 17 years ago...and don't really want to be a "low-paid" super or assistant golf pro like I was before....but I miss golf...I miss being around golfers....any info would be appreciated.

Thanks..

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

3. allprogreens

allprogreens LawnSite Senior Member

4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

lot of profit hard to sell becasue you need a fool and his money lots of money. MIn. we do is $6,000 and up. Definetly labor intensive. but overal a good product.

5. thanks Chris..been there done that...looking for "real world" opinions..no offense to you, but of course you think your product is great. I would expect that....just looking for opinions from others not so connected.

I think they are like any other upscale product..they sell themselves to the right prospect....wrong prospect (not enough disposable income) makes anything like this a tough sell.