1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Synthetic Putting Greens

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SprinklerGuy, Dec 14, 2005.

1. I have been considering putting greens for awhile now...those that do not know me.....some background....I am an irrigation guy and have been for a looong time. Just sold my company in AZ this past summer and have lived in Colorado now for 4 years almost....this past summer was my first foray into irrigating in a winter climate....and now I have too much time on my hands. Have been helping buddies w/ their home contracting companies..some solar installs....and just built a cedar fence, but money is running out and I am desperate to find a way to make a living......just like old times! (haven't struggled in 10 years....not sure how to handle myself)

Anyway my point...putting greens appear to be a novelty and I am concerned about how they "age". I am also concerned because during my research phase I have come across many companies that say their turf is the "best"....that was to be expected I suppose, but boy am I sick of the friggin run around. Most of the companies want a huge franchise fee..the one company that doesn't want a franchise fee...allprogreens.com....has been very helpful, but I'm concerned about making the right decision on the type of turf I install. As with most of you guys, I like my jobs to go smoothly and I like my clients to be happy, for more than just the first year. If I do this, I want these greens to last longer than a couple of years.

Any of you out there do these on a regular basis? I would like to hear from somebody that hasn't been sent to me by one of the putting green companies to get an unbiased opinion.

Thanks in advance.

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i am also interested in the idea.... any input from anyone??????