Synthetic straw pictures

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mslawn, Jan 23, 2006.

1. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Can't see it close enough in those pics to comment

3. mslawn

from LA

I guess I should have gotten better pics. However, pictures do not do it justice. It looks just like natural straw but with a better color.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Whats the advantages of it over conventional staw

5. mslawn

from LA

It holds it color, keeps its "fluff", was real easy putting out - no sticks or trash in it. These customers love it. It will not mat-up like real straw so it should cut way back on bugs and fungus. It is expensive compared to real pinestraw, but I think for my customers who want good looking beds year round this is definately the way to go if they can afford it. I will still keep putting out natural straw and mulch for my customers that want it. They just have a bigger variety of choices since I found this.

6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

looks nice... but I'm not a fan of straw. Never have been... Probably cause I hate when leaves get caught up in it... ugh!

Mulch Mulch Mulch.... :blob1:

7. mslawn

from LA

Seems like most customers I have dealt with in this area want pinestraw, I do about 25% mulch and 75% pinestraw most of the time.

8. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I wish ALL of my properties had pinestraw versus mulch. I have convinced several to make the change. Thanks to parking lot mulch fires, insects, and fungi, I have had a pretty successful rate of conversion. Plus, I make more money on Pinestraw than Mulch, so why not!

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Isen't Pinestraw mulch?

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

yup?????????????????????