T-4 Groundhog Trencher

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hect911, Jun 2, 2006.

1. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used a T-4 Groundhog Trencher.

I have come to the conclusion that I am a part time Irrigation contractor (I do have a full time job that pays well) with a few irrigation installations per month and at this time I dont have a lot of money to buy a very expensive trencher.

Any advice?

Thanks

2. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

I rent walk behind trenchers for my installations and feel that they make a big mess on the small yards that I work with. That is why I am thinking of buying a small trencher for small residential work.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Never used one but I've been asking for something like it for planters. I would imagine that as long as the installation job is relatively small and the soil conditions are right one could use this for residential installations.

Groundhog T-4 Trencher.gif

4. Owned one for 9 years.....3 motors...2 chains....sh*tload of teeth..never used it, but my guys liked it. It will not work well in anything but the best of soils...it hates rocks....

You really have to horse it around (so I'm told ) ;).....it does NOT SELF PROPEL...and it isn't light...I have loaded it into the van by myself because the guys had a bet that the office boy couldn't do it....

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I picked 1 up at the auction for 200 dollars. We plow but I use it once or twice a month on tight areas . I wouldnt want to use it on a complete install , but it is a handy little trencher in the right situations.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's so cute! Izzat a 5 horse engine?

7. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

MD IRRIGATION.

was that an online auction?

I wish I could get a deal like that.

8. You almost could have about 1 month ago....I just sold mine for $350....

9. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

darn!

Hector.

10. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

that would be cool for those shrub zone areas that you can't get the big machine in...

sprinklerguy... you seem to always be selling something useful. Can I subscribe to a newsletter or something of the stuff you're selling?