T-500 Tow-Behind Sweeper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ConCon, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ConCon

ConCon Banned

Hi All! We have something exciting to show you guys. On our website www.contractorsconnected.com there is a unique tow-behind sweeper that could prove very useful in the landscaping/lawnmowing environment. This sweeper can be pulled by almost anything and can sweep up items off of pavement, gravel, dirt, and even grass! It could also be useful to clean up after mowing where all the grass has gotten everywhere. This would save you valuable time sweeping up afterwards. Check it out and let me know what you think! T-500 Tow-Behind

-- Tim --
    CC Site Manager

2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Looks promising, but am I reading the price right? $14,999. That could be a problem unless it's a typo!!:)

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, it would be nice to see it at work.

But that's gotta be a typo.

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I hope its a typo. That thing will never sell for that price!!!!

5. ConCon

ConCon Banned

What kind of price tag would you guys like to see on this thing?

6. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Without knowing how well it works, I believe there is an established manufacturer that does produce one very similar to this. Can't recall the name, but I do remember the price was more in around 4 or 5k. It can't be too close to a good exmark with a bag.

I run the Husky tow sweepers that work off the wheels. I know the wheels aren't as good as a motor for many reasons... but they only cost like $400 and work even when abused and can be fixed on the go with bale wire...:laugh:

If you're new to making these, you may have to take a loss for a few years to build some momentum. Greatest of luck... god bless

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: No way?? $15,000 starting bid??? :laugh:
    :laugh: No really??? :laugh:

I took a look at it and thought $1,500 would be a stretch.

Good luck with that.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

ConCon is just running an auction site like eBay. Victory Sweepers is actually selling the machine. If you go to their website at http://www.victorysweepers.com you can read about the company. They were building and selling sweepers for a long time before they were forced to sell the original company. This is a new company under the old ownership and they have the sweeper priced right for the intended market.

An air sweeper may be good for cleaning parking lots and roads but I have my doubts as to it's suitability for getting up 5 pound clumps of wet grass.

9. ConCon

ConCon Banned

That little tow behind sweeper packs enough punch to pick up a brick and throw it to the back of that hoppper on there, so I hope that it would pick up wet grass.