T-Bar conversion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've saw this mentioned a couple of times but i can't seem to find it agin by a search. Seems I remember reading where someone put the Toro T-Bar on a Scag.

I'm just wondering if this could be done to other hydro & belt drive WB's? A Husqvarna--Yazoo/Kees to be more specific.

If memory serves me, isn't the parts cost around $200?

2. grasschoppers lawn m

grasschoppers lawn m LawnSite Member

I would like to know if I could do just the opposite. I do not like the t-bar on my toro but i like the controls on my yazoo. do you think i could change the toro.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Humm...Maybe i am jumping the gun by assuming I won't like the pistol grips on the Yazoo/Kees?

My dealer doesn't currently have any walkbehind stock in the Yazoo/Kees line. So I don't really know what the controls are really like on it. I'm going off an assuption that the pistol grips are going to be hard on the hands. Plus I like the idea of controlling ground speed by pushing and letting off of the T-Bar.

Husqvarna has the ETS control system alternative which would be an automatic fit on the Yazoo/Kees. But as far as I can tell, having neve operated one, it still seems to be just another pistol grip type alternative like eXmark's ECS.

As for the Toro, is it a pre or post 2000 model? You should be able to slide by the dealer and buy a conversion kit to switch it to Toro's pistol grip. You might even get a little trade out of the T-Bar, who knows?

But could be that you like the Yazoo pistol grip controls over the Toro pistol grip ones?