T-Bar Steering

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scott H, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Scott H

Scott H LawnSite Member

I was wondering what you all thought about T-Bar steering, I just got a toro with it and I am still getting use to it. It doesn't seem to bad, but I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I have a 36 with the T-Bar and I like it.Unlike pistol grips you can change your arm positioning on the T- Bar , which leads to less fatigue,also easier to trim with cause you can stand to one side of the mower and still have full control.

3. linky

linky LawnSite Member

I got a Toro wb two weeks ago and i love the t-bar. I still use my pistol grip mower some but, it is tough on the wrist after using the t-bar. I do feel that i have better control when mowing the edges of curbs with the pistol grips. I am still getting use to the Toro. The first time i used the t-bar i thought it felt like a rickety piece of junk. AFTER i cut for a couple of hours i fell in love with it.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We love the Toro T-bar over any-any else out there. We got 1 new Exmark last year and a Scag and beside mager problems with the Exmark we returned that one to the dealer and sold the scag after our guys tried the T-Bar steering it spoiled them so we went to those and they ARE THE BEST!!!!! Dont get me wrong the other mowers were great well all but the problem one but Toro has the best steering hands down!!!!!

5. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I have never used anything but the T-Bar and can't imagine using anything else. It is so easy I can run it with one hand if I have to so I can eat my sandwich while I mow.

6. TONY PENNICK

TONY PENNICK LawnSite Member

I have a 48 with the T-Bar didn't like it at first but now I
    love.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Very easy to operate. I really like it. I know Toro is making a pistol grip model now but I would never change.

8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned three mowers a 48 scag, a 52 Lesco, and a 44
    toro. All had T bars. I looked in the Toro parts list
    and put A T bar on the others. would not go back to
    pistol grips. Toro has 48 fixed deck which is the ssame as
    Exmark. Idid this 10 years ago. Had my coversion inspected
    by Toro and Dane Scag at a dealer show

9. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Edward,

How much did it cost to make the conversion on the Scag? I was thinking the same idea the other day after my hands were killing me.

10. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

yeah i'd definetly be interested in that. did you conversions for hydro's too?