1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

t-bar toro wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slagerlawncare, Feb 29, 2000.

1. slagerlawncare

slagerlawncare LawnSite Member

hey guys and gals,<br>i tried out a toro WB today, what do ya think of the toro t-bar . what are the positives and negatives?<br>i have never had Wb before so this is all new to me.<p>thanks and is it spr$ng yet?
  2. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

What exactly is the T-bar? I've heard about it, but I haven't ever demoed a Toro yet.
  3. slagerlawncare

grasboy,<br>it has a handle like a 21&quot; push that is used for controlling unit....
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

We first bought Toro's in 1985 - the year they came out. We were already using their GroundsMasters and it was a good fit.<p>We loved the T-Bar.<p>The T-bar became less attractive with the velke because you have your hands on the moving bar and not somthing solid.<p>The T-Bar became even less atractive with the Hydro because they were touchy and jumpy. They've corrected that a bit, but still...<p>When the T-Bar 1st came out it was light years better than anything else in the mid-80's. Now it's still nice, but I could go either way.
  5. slagerlawncare

i guess what i'm wondering is ..are they easier to stay on a straight line than regular wb?..seeing that i'm not used to 1 or the other..<br>i will not have a velke..don't want one right now..need to burn up some energy i've stored all winter;)
  6. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i think its harder to stay in a strait line than the regular brake type handle and i also found that the front end pops up pretty easy. they have a really good cut though<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  7. lawnman

lawnman LawnSite Member

If you have any lawns with hills, forget the toro. Pistol-grip is the way to go for hills and strait lines. <p>----------<br>spreble<br>
  8. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

I prefer pistol grips. They track straight, unlike a T-Bar which you must keep tracking straight. <p>As a matter of fact, I have a 36&quot; hydro with T-Bar for sale. Some people wouldn't ever use a pistol grip. Find what suits you best.<p>John<br>
  9. Slager check this one out for sale at traderonline.com:<p>1989 TORO 44 IN LAWN MOWER, commercial walk behind 12hp Kawasaki, good cond, must sell, moving, $500; (651)426-0147 WHITE BEAR LK.<br>Location: Saint Paul, MN<br>
  10. slagerlawncare

will do...<br>thank you