1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

T-bar Vs Ecs 1 better than the other ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sturmgewehr, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Sturmgewehr

Sturmgewehr LawnSite Member

I'm sure this is a matter of opinion but what are the + and -
    of both set up's ??

2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Exmark Metro with Ecs and their great! For the first midsize mower I've owned I'll never use anything else. I don't really have any fatigue in my hands at the end of the day.
  3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I ain't ever used the t-bar, but I got a exmark with the ecs... and I love them... no hand fatigue, very easy to use, and I have been overly happy with my exmark as a whole. I have always heard good things about the t-bar though, so you might wanna go to both dealers and actually test drive both mowers with both controls...good luck with your decision, let us know what you end up going with....
  4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

One of my customers has a machine with ECS. Its nice on the hands, but he pointed out to me its tough to grab on to pick up the back end or push down on the back. He has one trailer that is very small and has to turn one mower sideways and its a pain with the ECS machine. Other than that those controls are pretty nice.
  5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Can't go wrong with a T-bar
  6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I really like the ETS controls on my Husqvarna...if you don't despise Husq (like so many on here seem to) you might want to check them out. A little less money as well.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a T bar and find it really easy to use and also easy to teach someone how to use. I have never tried an Exmark but have heard good things about it.
  8. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

For the mountains here, the 2 best (easy to use and no carpel tunnel), are the Toro T bar BELT, and the Hustler H bar Hydro. When using a machine all day long, it is good to be able to switch up hand positions, that is one thing the T bar excels at, as well as the Walker mower. A little off the subject I know, but you can drive a walker with both hands for awhile, left hand only for awhile, right hand only for awhile (dont try until you have had a few hundred hours experience on one tho). Same with the Toro T bar (only walk behind You can use one handed)

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

T bars are for rookies ! That is why they are good any clown can operate one but a system where the drive is always on is more productive.
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We use both and not any "clown" can just pick it up and use it. It took me a few lawns to get the hang of it to where the lines were nice and straight. Our Exmark has the ECS handles and they are a little more comfortable I would half to say. The ECS system is a lot easier to use right off the bat. If I had my choice everything would be an ECS system.