1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

T-ing off a line

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Smallaxe, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The usual application of funny pipe, which would be under two feet of pipe used to connect one head, sees more loss in the fittings. You wouldn't use a fifty foot run of funny pipe to connect a 6 gpm rotor, but you could get away with it for a 1 gpm rotor. But unless the added rotor is located in an absolute dead-end of the yard, sprinkler-wise, using smaller tubing can lead to future grief, if you decide to add yet another head to the zone, extending from the first added head. 3/4-inch poly pipe is cheaper than funny pipe, and isn't all that much harder to dig in.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

For the Love of God,,,, add a head and lets get on to other things

3. Wet_Boots

The horse is already dead for a couple of days, and you want to kick it some more? Thanks, Clyde.

[​IMG]

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Here is what I did and it works like it was supposed to. :)

Slip T over the 1" mainline, which reduced to 1/2". From there ran 1/2" line to new head and hooked it up.
    No loss in pressure or volume, on the original line and this one shoots as far as the others. I wanted to change out the nozzle for lower water stream and distance, but I couldn't see the adjustments that the instructions talked about. So I let it ride - full steam ahead.

Again thanks - its been fun.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Pax vobiscum!

6. Wet_Boots

Was this 1/2-inch poly? No question it can work, but that pipe size isn't all that common.