T-shirt advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MJL1929, Jan 18, 2006.

1. MJL1929

MJL1929 LawnSite Member

I see some LCO's that go with the professional look i.e. a polo shirt with embroidered logo and khakis. But when I start-up, I plan to buy some plain colored shirts at wal-mart get them printed. I figure if you get brighter colors, that match your business colors of course, and get real big print, like the name and phone number printed real big on the back. I figure, this way you stand out and hopefully do some advertising. I personally haven't seen anyone use this idea in this area, but I think it's maybe better to stick out then to pick a dullish green. Then again, I don't want to look unprofessional.
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Don't do it your self unless you like wasting money.....Click the link to save money, this company is awesome!

I started wearing the safety green t-shirts before they became popular. Now it seems everybody has them so I'm thinking of changing. That said, I received many jobs just from wearing the shirts. They are a good conversation starter also.

Use a big graphic (logo) on the back, and company name on the front.
    This is a link to who did my shirts (happens to be a friend of a friend of mine, but his company ships all over) and this is the shirt I'm using. Had them 4 years now, washed a billion times and they still blind you:p

3. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

Do they have any minimums? Also, what is a balpark cost for 7 of those kelly green shirts with a silkscreened logo BIG on the back and a small one on the front chest?
  4. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Good link! Those prices are not too bad.
  5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Here are ours....
    We have them in White, Blue, Dark Green, Red and Grey.
    Had a local shop do them.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

check local shops first i get mine for about $7.00 a shirt with logo on back
  7. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Just something to think about. I was talking to a local builder one day and he said that his shirts he only gave to employees and made them give them back before he gave them their last check after they quit. The reason was he had seen one of another builder's employees on the news being arrested wearing a company shirt. Not exactly the best type of advertising.
  8. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, that sucks!
  9. PxPx

PxPx LawnSite Member

Do those get very dirty Wells? I would've thought a darker color would be ideal, they do look nice however.
  10. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

The white and grey ones definatly get dirtier than darker colored ones but the lighter colors feel better when it's 100+ degrees outside.
    Guess there is advantages to both.