T-Shirt Ideas

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tbambersvc, Jul 11, 2006.

1. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Anyone buy t-shirts to promote business? What kind of logo if any did you put on the shirt? I am trying to get some shirts made and could use some advice. Thanks.

2. D and H Seasonal Services

D and H Seasonal Services LawnSite Member
    from SE, Pa

I just had my shirts made up. All I had the do was place my company name where the pocket would be in the front and the back has the company name in larger print with a discription of services and phone # under that. Just make sure the print will be seen on the color shirt you choose. Go with white lettering.

Good luck

3. Keytee04

Keytee04 LawnSite Member

Shop around for the best quality for the price. Also, I let the guys at the print shop design my logo and everything (shirts, bus. cards, magnets, etc.) they did a great job and made my logo unique. You don't want to go to a Staples and pick a generic logo from their books because another co. might have the same logo, whereas a print shop will draw up the design themselves.

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I Would Stay Away From Pocket Tee's. Just My .02 But I Don't Want The Chance That One Of My Helpers Shows Up To Do A Job With A Pack Of Smokes In The Front Pocket. Plus You Are Limited To Keeping Your Logo Inside The Bounds Of The Pocket Vs Having The Whole Front Left Chest Area Of A Pocket Free Shirt. But That Is Just My Opoinion And You Get What You Pay For With Opinions.

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a breathable t shirt called dry release cotton. Their about $6 extra a shirt, but well worth it. If you want, I can help with a logo. PM me if you want a little help. I also work closely with 4 different printing firms (not shops).

6. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i used white shirts with green lettering. they get dirty over the course of the day of course, but bleach pretty well takes care of it.i keep an extra in the truck so i can change midday and still appear presentable to customers. to me, white seems cooler in the heat of the day. i had gray at one time, and they seemed hotter.

7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We just switched back to grey because of the dirt. All the guys were looking like construction guys by mid-day. The temps in direct sun have a 3 degree difference (checked with a stick on therm.), but the breathable cotton brings it down 6 degrees.

8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 different colors:
    Tan T-shirts with Dark Green Lettering
    Safety Green T-shirts with Dark Green Lettering

9. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Give me a few minutes and ill upload a pic of my shirts. Its just basically my logo small in the front, and my logo large on the back with my town/state and phone #. I had my logo done last year, and i also had it copyrighted at the same time.

10. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

I smoke, but do not go up to customer puffing in their face. I have enough sense to know that not everyone smokes. There are many times that the pocket tee cancome in handy. Go talk to a customer, keep a couple of cards in the pocket. Nobody wants a card from sweaty pants pocket. Just my .02 worth:clapping: