t-shirt slogans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Apr 22, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Going to have polos and tshirts made up with my company name on the back some will read "Kiss our Grass", so will say "Embarrasing the competition is our job and we love it" and the others will read "Chicks dig us"

what do you think?

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't sound too professional if you ask me.
    I like the idea of having something catchy on the shirts, but I wouldn't want to associate those sayings directly with our business name.

Not sure what you're going for with these shirts, maybe you can expand a bit. I'm sure there's a time and place for them, but for everyday customers to read that wouldn't be my first choice.

3. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Sounds like something that you would find on the internet.

I am with Twins.
    Those are just a little to cheesy for a professional lawn care service to be carrying on their back.

4. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

I agree with twins and Lynerd

And, IMHO polo shirts should NEVER have anything printed on the back - just a small logo/patch on the left chest

5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

well, I think we are going to put the "kiss our grass" on the back of the tshirts and hand them out to lots of customers...free advertising. Maybe stay away from the others. The polo shirts will have phone #'s on them too, and I am also having Carhart embroidered shorts done with the logo

6. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

explain to me (us) how that is "free" advertising? How much is it going to cost you to have these made.

Some people are to thick skinned to take advice...

He came up with an Idea and i think he wants to go with it. Let him.

Good luck with the shirts.

trevor

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Stupidest thing I've read here in a while. What customer in their right mind would hire someone with a shirt that says "chicks dig us"??.

If you want pointing and laughing, go with that.

If you want customers, and you want them to take you seriously and view you as a pro, reconsider you plan.

8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds to me like you must be 15.

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Be honest, you're just trolling, right?

You're not serious, are you?

10. seasonal services

seasonal services LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I agree with everyone else. I have never heard of such a thing. "chicks dig us"??? I dont get it and handing out t-shirts isnt very smart. I can almost guarantee your customers wouldnt wear them unless you have known them personally for years. Wear them yourself and for workers. If your giving shirts away give me some plain grey t-shirts i dont feel like spending 5 bucks a shirt.