T-shirt talk again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Feb 28, 2001.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

A few weeks ago there was a thread where I asked if anyone knew of any good places online to buy t-shirts.

One person mentioned a place called South Horizons located in Texas.

Well I checked out their stuff, and decided to place an order.

Let me just say we are not affiliated with these people, but they did one heck of good job with our order. Their prices are great. I do not see how they can be beat.

We ordered 24 T-shirts, Fruit of the Loom, 50/50 blend, any color with one logo printed on any one of their locations, (full front, full back, left sleeve, right sleeve, or pocket) for $3.45 each.

They are very nice to work with, and I know we will order from them again.
    You can check them out at http://www.southhorizon.com

And I want to say thank you to the lawnsite member smburgess for mentioning them.

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

We considered doing the same thing. We just changed the name of the business and went with a local place. God what a mistake. The guy there was pathetic. I was supposed to receive the shirts yesterday and he called saying they are just about to be printed. Printed? there suppossed to be here. They have the artwork all @#%$^ed up and they are all morons. I was afraid to go with an online company because you really cant see what you are going to get. But I will definetly go with one next time. To heck with the local dealer wether it be lawn stuff or tshirts if you are a moron and can't give support don't whine and cry when an online store takes away your business. Sure am glad you can't mow a yard over the net.LOL. By the way $3.45 each tshirt????

3. 1MajorTom

There was a sale going on when did place our order. Yep they were $3.45 a shirt. That was for any light colored shirt.

Just went to the site to check out their prices now, and they are not on sale anymore, but they are still VERY reasonable.

Minimum order is 24 shirts for these prices.
    White - $3.95 per shirt
    Light colors - $4.45 per shirt
    Dark colors - $4.95 per shirt
    This price includes one logo.

You can design your logo or they will make one up for you if you like. You of course get to proof the logo before they will start printing.

4. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

wow they sould try advertizing on lawnsite im sure there are
    alot of us that would order from them.and all the lawn mags could use them they would have no compition.

5. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.nebs.com they have t-shirts. polo shirts, jackets, software, door hangers, proposals and much more. Your 1 stop store!!!!!

6. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

I just checked the south horizens site, and the Froot of the Looms are not on sale, but the Haynes 50/50 blend shirts are on sale at white-2.95, light-3.45, dark-3.95, premium-4.45. From what I can tell just glancing, no set up fee for one clip art picture and up to ten words. I think they could sell a load of shirts for that price.

7. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

nebs shirts are over priced.

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Extremly over priced! Last month a rep called me after i requested info. I preceeded to order 1 t shirt and one polo shirt. Both has a pocket with my my name and logo on the pocket. I just got one of each to see if i liked them like the rep suggested. I got the shirts and the bill.... HOLLY S**t! The bill came to $130.00 with a discount! the original price was 170 somehthing! They had added in like 3 extra fees the rep failed to mention over the phone! the shirts were very nice... but not for that price! I packed them back in the box and shipped them back. Nebs was very nice about it... didnt even question me...just erased my bill. They even went as far as to send me a check for the shipping i paid wich i didnt even request! I did go ahead and also purchase invoicing forms to use with my invoicing software... also very expensive but well worth the price.

9. 1MajorTom

I agree Evan. Nebs can be overpriced on some things.
    Now we did order the door hangers and they were priced great. Also I might add that Nebs is very nice and professional to deal with.

But the way I look at, when ordering T-shirts, I do not see any reason to spends tons of money on Work shirts that are going to take a beating day in and day out.
    South Horizons t-shirt prices are IMO unbeatable.

10. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

NEBS sucks!! They do have a lot of stuff to choose from, but their prices are ridiculous!!I would never order anything from them. Any independant office supply store should be able to order personalized door hangers, invoices, business cards, etc. for your business. We have a good one here. Last year I ordered 500 neon colored custom printed door hangers for about HALF what nebs wanted.
    You can do better elsewhere.