T-shirts??

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by redskinsfan34, Nov 15, 2010.

1. redskinsfan34

redskinsfan34 LawnSite Member

I was just kicking around the idea of getting shirts to wear when I'm out in hopes of more advertising. I wonder how many guys have their own shirts and if you feel it helps bring in more business? Thanks

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Clients dont care about shirts. If you have a crews out then its not a bad idea because it shows the home owner the guy is with you but as a solo it wont help much. But its not that expensive so there is the why not aspect of it. I wear harley davidson tee shirts everyday for the most part.

3. redskinsfan34

redskinsfan34 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, Punt. I am solo. I just thought it would maybe look more professional. Plus, I'll probably end up giving more away than keeping for myself.

4. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

I made up a bunch, I would agree even as a solo person it makes you look better,

On mine I have a short list of some of the things I offer, A few times on the job Ive had people read through them as there watching me work, then they say "I didnt know you could do this " ' can you come over here and tell me what you would do in my situation"

plus ev1 will want one, I even had customers ask for T's to wear

5. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

have to be careful about who wears your shirt because they are essentially representing your company. If they do something stupid, as rare as it might be, people will associate that act/behavior with your company. It will make you look better, but be careful about who you give one to

6. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

yea dont give one to your drunken cousin who beats his ol lady in public, (or anywhere)

Very good point though, As an outsider one doesnt know he/she in the shirt isnt an owner or employee

7. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had people wear my shirts to local soccer games and get asked about what all I do.I have different colors I give out to what I wear when out doing work.Mine just have my logo,company name and number on it. It gets too "wordy" if they have to read through too much stuff.

8. mrlandscaper

mrlandscaper LawnSite Member

I agree on the professionalism. It definitely makes you look better, I work for myself and my brother also works for me. We wear a complete uniform. I just like the looks. Havent got to much business with our shirts yet, but we are still small.

9. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

I have them for me and the wife. But went the way that "yeah no!" for any one else. For the potential bad representation.

If I get some more I might give them to my employee next season.

10. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Looking professional is what this industry needs! It will set you apart from the lowballer. T shirts, hats, jackets, even company logo stickers on your equipment, will help.
    Posted via Mobile Device