1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

T190 and like machine prices?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by FIRESCOOBY, Dec 26, 2006.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious if anyone has any idea what a Bobcat T190 runs price wise, also any comparable machines. This machine would be no cab/heat/or AC.

Any info is appreciated.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Figured I'd post in case anyone else needed the answer. Got a quick phone quote this morning for a T190 standard machine...$37,500, but have $1500-$2k in rebates until end of the month.

I know you can haggle a little bit on these, but how much?
  3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

With no options up here in canada they start at 47 thousand plus 14% tax.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You should be able to get that machine for $35,000. I don't know why people haggle sales guys on prices, it usually just pisses them off and when you need a favor they won't produce for you. Just my .02. My sales guy has been awesome, I get in a pinch and here's there. Like this summer we rented a 312 with a hammer and were working in tandem with our 312 breaking with one machine and loading rock with the other. We blew a seal on a brand new hammer on a Saturday and our sales guy drove to the local branch and got us the special o-rings that Cat requires on their breakers. That's service.
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I think we could have a thread strictly on the concept of haggling on dealer pricing. I don't believe in not accepting the first number I am brought unless it is truely a fair number, it seldom is. I don't have these types of problems with yellow iron it is usually with other things like pickups and trucks. On the yellow iron or white in this case you need to know what a fair price is. The only way to know is to price shop it by contacting other dealers. This can be more difficult than one would think. Some dealers wont price equipment out of their territory. You may have to lie about where you live to get a price from another dealer. The important thing about getting good service from your sales guy is to be someone that he wants to do business with. That doesn't necessarily mean paying full list for equipment although I am sure that would help. I give my sales guy leads on who is looking for what equipment, and be respectful when negotiating for new equipment. We take our wives out for dinner or on ATV rides together on occasion. I would not say we are best friends but certainly friends. I respect the fact that he needs to make money and he respects the fact that I don't pay any more than absolutely neccessary. I still price check him and he has never dissappointed me. I have yet to be quoted lower than what our price has been. My opinion is when your buying equipment, demo the machine but remember your also entering into a relationship with that dealership. Specifically the saleman and the service manager because sooner or later you'll need both of them.

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Good price. They are getting 39,900.00 in our area.
  7. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want to save a dollar and im sure ill get flack for saying this, buy a 185 around 24-25 and a set of steel tracks around 2200. I have this machine and made a lot of money with it. Will it work hard, damn right i think the t-190 is over rated. In my area rocks and shale they are tearing the hell out of the rubber tracks. The mechanic and my bobcat rental store just laughs at them and says they sure dont work good in our area. We have had our machine in some nasty places and never been stuck with the steel tracks. When we work on pavement we remove them in 10 minutes. Just another option and opinion.
  8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Same in Atlanta.
    Rinehart Equipment in Rome Ga is the cheapest around.

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I know, we have people drive over to Rinehart. Only 1-1/2 hour drive.