1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

T190 or Tl130

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jun 7, 2005.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Anyone have any experience with these 2 machines?
    Looking at both .
    I am interested in there grading ability and also there ability too up root trees with bucket by curling.
    Mostly 4 too 6 inch trees maybe a little bigger.
    Also what about running attachments like harley rakes ,etc.
    The Bobcat has better support ,but I like the hideaway front door of the Tl130.Both will be AC machines.
    Also is High flow on the Bobcat worth getting.
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I think the Takeuchi is lot more machine. I spent two days demoing a 190 and thought very little of it. Low on power, went over relief too easy, and was very loud, excessive hydraulic noise, too much feedback in the controls, because it has no servos, it is far from low effort on the controls. I ran a TL150 which is quite a bit bigger and it had none of the issues of the Bobcat. But if you can run them both, and you can compare for yourself.
  3. AWJ Services

from Ga

The TL 140 and the TL 150 are both big machines.The TL130 and the T 190 are similar machines.I here mixed reviews on the power.
    I have nothing too compare it too if I do demo it.I have limited seat time in a skidsteer.
    I would love a TL140 or 150 but they are bothe 50 k machines.
    The TL130 is a 40 k machine as the Bobcat is.
    I would also like someone too explain the lifting ability.I understand the ratings ,but what is the max they will pickup.They listthe tipping load so is that the Limit?
  4. StoneStacker

StoneStacker LawnSite Member
    from OR

The tipping load is not what the machine will actually lift, but at what weight the machine will actually tip over on it's nose. this is determined by positioning the bucket at the point in it's lift path in which it is the "farthest" point away from the machines center of gravity. Once here, weights are placed in the bucket until it tips over. The manufacturer then rates the machine at 50% of that tipping load, or 35% for track loaders. 99% of all machines will be able to lift more than 50% of the tipping load. Some will be able to hydraulically lift more than the tipping load, but it's more important to know what the machine will "safely" be able to lift and maneuver with. I know this was wordy, so I apologize.
  5. AWJ Services

from Ga

Thanks for the explanation.
    I talked too my local Takeuchi Dealer today and he was very informative.
    I asked him about what makes his machine better than the T190 and he pointed out what he thought made his machine better and never really said anything bad about the T190 just that he thought his was better.
  6. Caribbean Breeze

Caribbean Breeze LawnSite Member

You're looking at the 2 best brands available. Takeuchi has a dependable machine for sure and it would give you good service.
    I do think that the Bobcat may have a better resale value but it depends.
    The Bobcats are a bit louder but from what I am hearing the Bobcat burns less fuel and may give better engine life over the long term.
    Both units have advantages & disadvantages.
    I think you should look at the new track options on the T190, it lower the ground pressure further.
    Don't worry too much about choosing between the 2 - both a top of the line.

Good Luck,
    Caribbean Breeze
  7. AWJ Services

from Ga

Thanks for all the info.

I found a good deal on a T 180 machine loaded that with low hours.
    It would save me alot of money.
    I assume they are the same as the T 190 except for the vertical lift?
  8. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Let us know how it goes. And yes, the T180 and T190 are identical machines except for the lift arm configuration... much as the S160 and S185 are' identical machines in the sqme regard.
  9. AWJ Services

from Ga

I hope too be arranging for a demo soon with the Takeuchi.
    The Bobcats for demo are closer.
    The nearest Takeuchi dealer is across town.

Your comments help me alot in my decission.I have since found a local grading compny that has both Takeuchi and Bobcat track machines that have been in service for awhile and say it,s a toss up.
    He did say however he feels the Bobcats engines seem too be lasting longer,but the Takeuchi was a little more productive.
    He says on his next purchase it will still be the price which will determine the brand between the 2.
  10. Caribbean Breeze

Caribbean Breeze LawnSite Member

A very important issue with CTL's is - track life and maintenance & application. I talked to some guys yesterday and said that they found the Bobcat stood up to heavy excavation work better than the Takechi which stalled a couple of times. Maybe this is a minor issue.
    It looks like the Bobcat Engines burn a little less fuel.
    I would go for the T180 if the price is right but check to see the hp, the first units that Bobcat made were slightly under powered, the ugraded unit has 61hp - try to get this one.
    Either way, both are excellent units.

All the best