T200 Value

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by JDSKIDSTEER, Feb 2, 2007.

1. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone Know The Value Of A 2001 T200 Bobcat 783 Hours, Tracks 40-50%, Leaking Left Hand Drive Motor (pretty Sure It's Going Out). Trading In On 35D Today And Want To See If I Made A Decent Deal Or Not. I Have Only Traded 3 (T300,TL130,AND T200) Track Machines In And I Am Learning Resale Value Sucks On Them.

2. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

Wholesale value on that little gem would be in the $14K range. Your hours are low, but the final drive leak, low percentage tracks are serious detractors. T200's still use the Deutz diesel, another of Bobcats dropped lines and if it has advanced hand controls watch out for cold weather problems shutting it down. I just purchased a couple of '03 JD 270 series 2, as a newbie on the site, I don't know what is allowed about sales, help me out. accumac.

3. JDSKIDSTEER

14K IN THE DISCRIPTION I DESCRIBED? E-MAIL ME AT JDSKIDSTEER@HOTMAIL.COM WE WILL TALK SHOP.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The used track CTL market is weak I agree. The depreciation hit on these machines is serious. It is easy to beat up on the CAT machines as Iron Planet sells a lot of them, the pictures and evaluations are there for anyone to see as well as the selling prices. Anone who thinks that Iron Planet is not a driver in the market values on CAT CTL's is kidding themselves. However the issues that have driven down the used values of the CAT machines applies to everyones tracked machines to some extent. As more guys run them and discover that they were not in the correct environment to maximize the abilities of a CTL, I think the market shrinks for the used machines. That is really relevant when you consider that you can pickup a low houred tracked machine for 2/3 the price of a new one. The guys that are in a market that utilizes the tracks well, continue to buy them new, but few are willing to take the chance on a used one apparently. The market can only absorb so many used tracked machines before the values suffer. Much like a dozer in the sense that you start at 100 % of value with a new under carriage, each hour that ticks on the clock that is % is lowered. That differs from the rubber tired machines in that no one is afraid of a set of tires. There seems to be a lot of fear of the used track machines.

5. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

JD, what has happened with this T200?

6. JDSKIDSTEER

I pulled motor off and getting estimate to see if it is rebuildable at a hydraulic shop that does good work at a resonable price. If not I will have to replace with replacement and new sprocket to fit the replacement. I may have sold. Priced for 21000.00 repaired.