T230 for $50!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Is $50 a good price for a Shind T230 that is two years old, and homeowner run? :D :D

Got one today, a bit dirty, but looks to be in great shape, starts first pull. It is my first, but after reading all the posts by you fellas that own and love them, I am really looking forward to it. If anyone has any advice on the machine for me, I will gladly take it. I am used to Stihl, and Echo!

Take care

Jay

2. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a good deal to me.

I will give ya $75 for it:D

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

See if it has the spark arrester in it. If it's there, take it out and clean it.

If it starts losing power, take the muffler off and clean out the carbon build up by the exhaust port. Put a new spark plug in it each year and it should run like a top.

Grease the head gears on it at least twice a season if used daily.

4. Shady Brook

from Indiana

I think I will keep it for now! :p Can you identify the spark arrestor for me please.
    Thanks
    Jay

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It is a screen that is usually attaced with a screw to the mufler exhaust hole. If it plugs up, it will loose power.

6. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Thanks Eric, that is what I thought you ment. I always remove them on my Stihl's.

Jay

7. Also, Since it probaly was never greased, on the right side, 10mm socet, unscrew and throw some grease in there.

Great price by the way.
    John

8. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I wish I could run across a deal like that.