1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

t3000 changes

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vaacutabove, Nov 18, 2013.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

what are the two toggle switches for as well.

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

No boom after using a single nozzle I would never go back to a boom in yards.

Just one fomer hanging under the machine

Charles Cue

3. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

toggle switches and what does the foam kit run.

4. CHARLES CUE

The one on the left is a kill switch The bigger one on the right runs the extra tank that I use that mounts were the tray sets

You missed the button on the bottom right ?

That's the starter button

Charles Cue

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I like your thinking Mike. Nice set up imo.

6. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Larry we always appreciate your comments. As a long term user of the T3000 you have valuable insite on how to improve the machine. Sadly we cannot improve as fast as we would like to see the machine evolve. But, evolve and get better it is and will continue to do so. Thank you for your contunued support and comments, like I said we welcome them so keep them coming. I am constantly impressed with the do-it-yourself modifications I see owners doing to their machines and wish we could offer them all. But, our decision is still to offer the best machine for the industry that we can deliver. Easy to work on, simple to operate, productive and precise.

7. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Turfco has a kit to do just that with a special lid for the saddle tank, called a 3 in one tank. Also comes with another blue nozzle for the front to spray a second product.

8. CHARLES CUE

Hi Bob hows it going I think you guys have a great Mechine and no one is perfect and guys like me will always do modifications just because

Charles Cue

9. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

How many HP are these ride-ons typically, or what is the range? Are any of them available with Diesel?

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

When I had my ride-on 5 years ago. My main modification was to add a "holster" for a 1-quart hand sprayer. It could do about a thousand sq feet of spot spraying. Although, sometimes I needed a second holster for the nutsedge spray or a sprayer of Drive for spots of crabgrass.

Actually--I added a kitchen timer for calibration. I had calculated that, in top gear, if I was using the proper amount of fertilizer/crab control--using a full bag in the hopper--I should run out after 4 minutes and 20 seconds of application time. I could set it like an alarm to beep when it ran down or just look at the digital elapsed time, like with a stopwatch. The old-style mechanical timer could be set to ding at 4 minutes. I removed it when rain threatened.

I also tried to install a bicycle speedometer so that I would be able to tell when I had gone .24 miles. When spreading 10 feet wide...this equaled 12,500 sqft, (one bag of 19-0-6). No place to mount the magnet on my ride-on. It worked fine on my Scotts/Andersens stainless steel push spreader. Its for sale, cheap.