T3000 Spray Wand Solution?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Visions, Jun 1, 2014.

1. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Oops, I should have said the 30L. I spray anywhere between 20 & 40 psi.

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I used the original till I broke it now I use a tee jet one, I don't think the brand of wand would matter try a different tip or make Shure you don't do areas twice. and if you edging at 2.5 mph your putting down twice the herbicide

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

At 2.5 MPH, that would be a 110 degree tip applying 0.15 GPM at 40 PSI held 18" above the lawn. When boom spraying from the truck at 20 GPA, areas that cannot be covered with the boom have to be hand sprayed with a tip applying 0.3 GPM. I use AI tips on the boom and a single AI on a hand piece for trim.

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I know what you're saying.

We spray 2 to 2 1/2 gallons per K with our T-Jet lawn guns.

About 1 gallon per K with our backpack sprayers (Shurflo SRS 600 battery-powered with flat fan nozzle).

About 3/10 gallon per K with our stand-on spreader/sprayers, but we use the adjustable cone nozzle cuz we're constantly moving.

I don't like "cone" nozzles in the first place, but.... they have their place regarding stand-on spray units.
    1) You can adjust the spray pattern so you can spray further under trees, etc.
    2) You're always moving, so you still get complete coverage.
    3) We tried flat fan nozzles on our T's, but there was more "drift & mist".

Buying spot sprayers at Lowes, Menards, WalMart, Home Depot, etc >> they always come with "cone nozzles". I think this is stupid. Cone nozzles have a circle pattern -- with no product being sprayed in the center. :hammerhead:
    I bought my sister a sprayer at Lowes (Phoenix, AZ). First thing I did was go to a hardware store & buy a flat fan nozzle. Also told her to always add liquid dishwasher soap. Always rinse with water after use. Always relieve the pressure & loosen the cap after use.

5. americanlawn

from midwest

We switched to "grey" cone nozzles today. The grey is a #8. The "orange" is a #18. My T-Men really liked using the new grey nozzles today. It sprays out less volume, and they feel more confident about preventing herbicide burn on turf.

These nozzles are available in straight as well as angled. We prefer angled for stand-on sprayers.

I bought these nozzles at
    http://www.sprayers.com

(orange nozzles are the largest, then brown, then grey)

003.jpg

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I tested my Chapin hand sprayer. Pumped 50 times--about 40 psi (I estimate). It delivered 3 ounces in 5 seconds--that is .6 ounces per sec--that is 36 ounces per minute --that is .28 gallons per minute.

I suspect that output would be a bit lower if the sprayer were not pumped up to near maximum pressure.

7. americanlawn

from midwest

Holy cow --- that's a lot. Can I hire you to water my lawn? :laugh: