1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

T3000 vs. PG Magnum Hill Test Videos

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Real Green, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks for the videos! I saw alot of turf being torn up by the Permagreen, but 'smart steer' should take care of that. :laugh:

BTW it wasn't much of a slope. --- the T & the Z eat them for lunch. :laugh:
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is what we call a lawn bump, you need a real hilll to impress us.!!! wait till spring i will get a video of me treating a serious hill that would make most grown men pee thier pants to mow like i do, yet alone ride on spray. but very fun to watch. thakns for the videos. that pg really tore the ground compared to the t-3000. what does that say for the pg i wonder? or was it just you horsin around that did that?

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the show guys but thats not a hill bring them to WV we got hills
    the people that make the t 3000 have a nice machine but need a lot of help with there videos they are real bad and dont tell you any thing the video for zspray sells me but not t3000 video come on guys find some one
    the guys that do zspray videos do a top notch job on there videos
    Charles Cue
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry, but Give me a break. I could get on any hill on any machine and make it slip and spin like that, as well. I could get on the T3000 and make IT look super unstable by not leaning right, as well. I may also add, it looks to me that holding onto, steering, and handling that Turfco machine appears to be much more labor intensive than the PG. Let's not forget guys,...that the PG's are also designed to drop the bars and walk behind. I will take that on any ditch or hill before a steeper cross ride standing on a unit.
    One other thing...Get someone with a Z spray, and let THEM go up next to the turfco and record it on video...
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I also am calling BS on the driver of the Permagreen. Who would run one like that? Pulling BACK on the handles while going up a slope, deliberately steering hard at all the wrong times. The PG was set up to look bad on that "test" video. I'm not saying it will do hills like that perfectly, but it can be done with a lot less drama than was portrayed in the video.

The Turfco looks like it would be a real battle for someone taller to turn, a lot of bending over to crank the wheel around.
  7. clipfert

clipfert LawnSite Member

Where is the hill??? Where is Permagreen Part I??
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

It probably didn't slander the machine as much as they wanted so they used the 2nd part only.
  9. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I would have to agree. I've never used my pg to treat a ditch like that. I think I would have just went back and forth parallel to the road. :laugh: I think I'd have to spend some time at the bar first to keep the pattern consistent if I treated like you turfco guys.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

In all fairness, they were just using that lope as an example to show the maneuverability, but even with that, it just wasn't a whole effort...It was bad acting, at best - and it showed blatantly. you could tell by the body english and effort that went in to each machine.