T3000 w/truck & carrier rack

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 13, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Over 30 bags of fert in the back of a pickup truck, liquid herbicide in the Tuflex tank, dual receiver carrier rack, and a T3000 spreader/sprayer allows one person to accurately treat over 500,000 sq ft in one day.

Our T3000 runs just over 5 mph in forward as well as reverse. Spread & spray patterns are perfectly even. Spread width & spray width up to over 12 feet. We've treated lawns as small as 3000 sq ft. Largest property treated in one day was 17 acres.

No need to ask how well we like it, cuz you probably already know.

I told you guys I'd post a pic........better late than never. :laugh: :usflag::canadaflag:

T3000 001.jpg

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice set up!!!

3. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

OMG, that thing's silly...A steering wheel, are you crazy? What is this, Charlie Brown goes spraying???? I can drag hose faster than that thing!!!!:):):):):):).

That's a sweet set-up. If you load up the back with fert and the tank full of water I bet you're ridin' pretty low. You can get a lot work done though.

4. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

30 bags of fert, full spraytank and the marvel mystery machine all on a pickup?
    It would seem to be a wee bit overweight.

5. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it would, but Highly doubt anyone would do both. Mabey 75 Gallons and the fert and Ride-on.

Pete

6. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually envious.....This is RARE.

Enjoy American!

Pete

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Action Pics Come On Already:)

8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks guys. Once in a while I have gone through up to 225 gallons of herbicide, but that's weedy lawns. Average herbicide use = about 75 gallons per day or less. I typically try to carry 100 to 125 gallons per day to make sure I don't run out. Spraying about 1/4 to 1/3 gallons per 1000 sq ft. Weed kill is excellent. Fert coverage too.

This GMC truck is a 2500, not a 2500HD. She rides low in the morning, but she rides high in the afternoon. Our next T3000 will be hauled (on a carrier rack) on a 2500HD.

As you can see in this pic, it's no wonder that we have run this T3000 on 45 degree hills. (going up a 48 degree slope was the steepest, but we don't recommend it -- make sure the hopper & tanks are full to acheive this task).

Like my pimp hat? (I don't get fried that way). :laugh::usflag:

p.s. the goofy guy in the pic ain't me....:laugh::laugh:

T3000 004.jpg

9. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Enjoy American! looks like a great setup!

10. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That thing looks badass, but I don't think I have enough large accounts to use it on. You said as small as 3k, but that thing looks like a boat.

5 mph in reverse? I think the PG does .5.