Tadpole needs help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shelman Yard works, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Shelman Yard works

Shelman Yard works LawnSite Member

I will bid on my first commercial account. What I need is some constructive criticism. This will include weekly maintenance, mulching beds, weed control, trimming bushes, bed edging, and snow plowing and ice control. I will break it down how I would charge. If I’m leaving something out or way to high in price please shout out. This property is going to take two guys 1.5 hrs to for the weekly maintenance.

Cut $ 65 a week x 28=$1820
    Mulch $20 yards x $40=$800
    Trimming $200.00 x 3=$600
    Bed edging $300
    Labor $1000
    Fertilizer $50 x 7=$350
    Snow plowing $140 per push x 25=$3500
    Ice control $150 per spread x 25= $3750

Total=$12100.00 /12= $1010.00

This is going to be a 12-month agreement.

Thank you in advance. All input will be greatly appreciated.

Eric Shelman

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you not charging any labor to put down 40 cubic yards of mulch, or does the $1000 labor cover that?

3. Shelman Yard works

$1000.00 covers all labor thru the year.The mulch is 20 yards of mulch @ $40.00 a yard.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

How big of property is it (grass & parking lot)? Do u really have 25 snow and/or ice events a winter. That one seems hard to figure. I contract snow removal seperately event to event depending how much snow per event

5. Dburd61

Dburd61 LawnSite Member

Do you know a Dan Burdick or Eric Burdick from Lakewood?
    I think I went to school with you , Let me know danburdick@comcast.net

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I see....I usually get more for the mulch. What is your cost? I get double shredded hardwood for $16 a cubic yard and charge $60.

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

$65 for 3 man hours of turf maintenance?? how many man hours for shrub work? your prices for snow and salting sound dead on... oh wait, how long are those gona take too?

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Mulch is a little low. 25 snow pushes sounds like a lot I didnt know you got that much snow there. Other then that looks good.

9. Shelman Yard works

The property is good size 2 acres of green, there are a lot of bushes and trees around the area. Yes, there are 25 times this year i went out for snow plowing.

10. Shelman Yard works

The man-hours are for the whole year. They include mulch 6 hrs, trimming 4 hrs, weeding, shoveling walks and litter an debris pick up activities thru out the year.