1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tail lock installation labor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR0 TURF, Mar 26, 2002.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I was talking to my dealer today about the tail locks for Walkers. I asked him if they were easy to put on...he said they take 6 hours of labor if you go through them to have it put on. I couldn't believe it...i can put a new motor in my truck in that time! The guy i was speaking to was a salesman...so im not sure how good his word is. Does anyone have any experience with the installation of these tail locks???...does 6 hours sound right?
  2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

for six hours I'd try it. Call Red Riders in East Windsor Ct.

Walker dealer. Also GLS on Lawnsite, might help. Ed
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

pro turf:

Who is your dealer, MB Tractor & Equ. in Plaistow, NH.? Call G.O.Distributors,Inc. in Main, 800-525-8148. They handle Walker and are very helpful, also offer overnight shipping.

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you much gene gls....i will give them a call....and yes...MB is my dealer...good guess!!
  5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i've done a few, takes me less than an hour.

drop me a line if you need help.
  6. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

When I talked to my dealer he told me it would take less than one hour. Maybe your salesman was looking for a nice commision check LOL:D
  7. visions landscape

visions landscape LawnSite Member

We did one and it took a little over an hour if I remember correctly
  8. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

Would you have a walker without a tail lock now? Or is it an option you wouldn't want to be without?