1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Jacob's Yardworks LLC, May 30, 2006.

1. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

Anyone ever done this? Accidently left the tailgate down and went to turn and crushed it on the jack. Bent the whole thing as you can see in the second better picture. Lol it really sucks and costs about 450 bucks for a new tailgate.

2. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

been there done that. you only do it once though :dizzy:
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

ouchhhh, thats really gotta suck
  4. ripple

ripple LawnSite Member

Worse is when you are hauling a gooseneck trailer and forget to put the tailgate DOWN and then try to drive off!
  5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

didnt do that but on my 03 i backed into a cvs plowing it this winter with a salt spreader and it looks just as bad
  6. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

you should see what a dump insert tailgate does to an enclosed trailer....:hammerhead: i've only done that once....
  7. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

check out car-part.com for a tailgate. I've ordered numerous parts from there. I needed a turn signal/ hazard light switch for my truck. $225.00 brand new. I got it from a bone yard somewhere off that site for $10.00. I would really check out car-part.com for what ever part you need just my .02
  8. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

ALMOST done that about 3 times...
  9. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

That sucks, so many people I know do it all of the time.
  10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Yup only not as bad as you did it.